InRehab Style Feature: Thee Mark

Monday, August 17, 2009 Leave a Comment

Photobucket


Mark is an impressive dude. Now...its a big deal when someone makes an impression on me. Ok, wear some nice jeans and a cool shirt, cool. But to make an actual impression on me, that's something else. This dude actually has a vision. A concept. A movement. And that I can really respect. Along with crazy cool style, he has a mind to match. I can definitely see him being a big deal.


InRehab: When did you first get into fashion?
Thee Mark: I don't know what into fashion is anymore since soo many people claim the wagon so to speak, but I sure know I began very young caring for what garments I wore since my parents brought my siblings and I into a well dressed background. So yeah I'd say the minute I spoke and learned how to decide which color was which I was there. Then I started learning patterns, bramds, and the history behind each piece.


InRehab: What/Whom influences your style?
Thee Mark: My father is big since he basically provided some of my older Yves saint things and the bally's I didn't see him much due to traveling ,but he made sure we were all well dressed. There's a lot more now, alber elbaz, lagerfeld, taz, idk I'd like to say myself. lol I push to be the best and I want to be like a style murderer.


InRehab: Favorite label/designer?
Thee Mark: Labels makes the world go round...It's a little hard now to like something since I'm getting into a realization that soo much of the world is based on branding and changing whats true into some made up name being printed in everything...A little too deep to get into with typing. But, if I must answer in simple words...Anyone that knows me I have a lot of pieces soo..bally,lanvin, chanel, gianni versace(the older stuff), fendi, ysl,yohji yamamoto idk I could go on and on...lol


InRehab: Tell us about Prmtve?
Thee Mark: Well originally we began as Primitive , but we got a few problems with the recent things that has happened keep in mind we were primitive too long ago. So, we decided to PRMTVE(No i's in team) but now we are slowly going through changes as we ended with what is now Passe'; french for "something that has been done"--it carries a big negative connotation in the word. But, we like it, we believe in it. Using a negative as a positive afterall our past isn't so pretty, but Passe represents the knowledge of our past and the idea that our society is formed from our past. but in reality we are a universal "movement" if you wanna put it that way it's a clothing, art, everything we can use our creativity in that focuses on having
An awareness of knowledge and the sociological construct is what I want for people to get out of us. Break the norms and the typical things we see in our everyday lives, be different "ITS COOL" lol. I mean it is to show our passion and love for art, knowledge, and fashion. But, I believe it's to bring back the quintessential artists in us. There's a lot of blogs and movements out there, but our true purpose is to just show growth and appreciation for what we love and do.



InRehab: Describe your style?
Thee Mark: If I was to describe my style...It's the compilation of different monumental eras in fashion house bunched together. It's the deeper side of clothes ...WE all have to be the best at what we do...and I work to inspire and find individualism...we all lack it somehow...




You can check out his blog: here.
Thanks to Mark for doing the feature!
~Jigga



0 comments »