InRehab Style Feature: KID

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 Leave a Comment

Photobucket





































Just by looking at Myspace pics, I can definitely come to the conclusion that KID is no follower. I can respect people that wear what they wear and listen to what they listen to, etc., simply because they like it. Not because its a trend or a fad and not so they can say "I got this and this". This is something I really admire. Cause in a world where true innovation is unheard of, it's important to at least stay true to who we are. With all that out the way...KID has style. And on top of that, he can rap. Like RAP. You know when you see someone and you just know they're gonna be famous for...something? That's KID in my eyes. Look out for him.


InRehab: When did you first get into fashion?
KID: Haha shoot, ever since I could remember! Ever since I was small, I was always instructed to look clean & look nice for people in order to make them have a good impression towards myself. In comparison to a job interview, it works the same way. If you walk in there looking like a shit burger, it'll show through your personality! & throughout these years, I've continued to carry that same philosophy.




InRehab: Would you ever consider a career in fashion? What about music?
KID: Wow, people ask that constantly! As far as fashion goes, I was an inch away from dropping my own street clothing line, but due to our dumbass recession.. I was holding back. It's not the right time yet. & during the wait, I can have time to perfect ideas, visions, etc. If anything, I would LOVE to come up with a line that focuses on women. [Yall buy all the clothes!] haha.Music wise.. I stress it frequently.. This rap shit is just a hobby. I love rap mainly because you're able to express yourself through words. At the end of the day, being heard is my ONLY aim. If people can hear me and understand my concepts.. I can go to sleep feeling accomplished. It's COMPLETELY overwhelming to hear comments from people saying shit like "Pursue that talent, you're amazing, go for it" type shit. It makes me feel like Im on top of the world. & honestly.. respect is all I gun for & the shit I receive is MORE than I ever asked for. PLUS, like a bajillion zillion muh' fuckas wanna rap for no reason nowadays. lol.. what are my chances, you know? haha.


InRehab: Favorite designer/clothing line?
KID: EVERYONE! EVERYTHING! Comme des Garcon, Louis Vuitton, MCM, Gucci, YSL, Chanel, Hermes, Versace, D&G, Burberry, Fendi, Armani, Y-3, Dior, The Hundreds, Alife, Rocksmith, Phenomenon, Swagger, Lamar&Dauley.. just to name a few. LOL. My designers are basically the same people who designed the ones I named.. Marc Jacobs, Coco Chanel, Taz Arnold, Yohji Yamamoto, Miuccia Prada, Jeremy Scott, Tom Ford, Christian Audigier Rei Kawakubo, Alexander McQueen.. shit, EVERYONE! haha I respect EVERY SINGLE one of 'em. The clothing business is such a competitive field.. respect the grind.


InRehab: Favorite item of clothing/accessory?
KID: I've ALWAYS seemed to have my obsession for jewelry as a whole.. chains, watches, bracelets.. love em. & jeans too! [If you JUST started wearing skinny jeans because of the jerk movement & thought it was just the NEW NEW, COOL SHIT, fuck you. I've been doing it since you little muh' fuckas thought it was a joke.. & C'mon! Yall havent even paid tribute to the ones who lead the way for it in the 50's along with Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe & the bands in the 80's. Instead, you bow down to these muh' fuckas on TV that glamorized it. Do your homework.] Okay, Im good now.. had to get that off my chest. LOL


InRehab: Describe your style.
KID: Wow, my style is very... KID. haha I dont really know HOW to explain it. It's weird. It's strange. I wear what I wear depending on how im feeling that day. Im universal and diverse when it comes to style. One day you can see me dressed down.. White Armani collar long sleeve w/ a skinny tie & on another.. a New Era cap wit' some Supras. I dont stick to one particular style.. sometimes I see a group of kids dressed in some sneakers while im dressed in my Gucci & they laugh & cant comprehend that im shitting on 'em. LMAO, im JF.. my main point is.. I know what im capable of. People can think what they want. At the end of the day, Im just being me, which is my advice for everyone. Don't follow. Imitation is suicide. Dont become something you're not. Stay true to YOURSELF. "Fresh no longer exist"



Shouts to KID! Thanks man!
For the youtube goodies head: here
And his Myspace is: here




~Jigga

0 comments »